Tuesday, October 16, 2012

to add to the confusion

 





i sit here. thinking. trying to decide some amazing way to write my feelings away. but maybe that's the whole problem. i don't want to write away my feelings. i don't want to think away my feelings.
 
i don't want to forget my feelings. i don't want to forget my memories. our memories.
 
through the good times and the bad, you have always been there. i hope it stays that way. as long as that is okay with you. i guess the only thing i can turn to now are the words of people before me, people smarter than me. every time i listen to this song, i think of you. the lyrics seem to show at least a fraction of my feelings.
 
"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return well, I don't know if I believe that's true but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you..."  -Wicked
 

i wish i had a better way to describe how i feel. a good way to tell you, and everyone, the reasons i do what i do. i guess the only person who knows is God. because i certainly have no clue what i am doing.
 
i feel like i am back in ninth grade. leadership team retreat. on a blind hike. i have no clue where i am, where i am going. all i know is that the person that is leading me can see the way. they know where i need to go. they can see where i need to go to make it through the rough spots safely.
 
for now, the only thing i can do is trust in the all seeing man, God. because, he knows better than me, better than you, better than all of us.
 
there are two things i need you to know. one. a best friend, in my eyes, is the best thing and most important thing right now. it is what i need. and always remember. there are two things in life that we can always count on to help us work things out. God, and the beautiful lyrics he puts into people's heads.
 

"A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws."

No comments:

Post a Comment